[pskmail] Re: qsl'ing

  • From: Greg <kb1ncj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 23:55:38 -0400

Oh, That's Great to have good propagation, I'm just thinking that the qsl response to every beacon between servers, so often, may not be so necessary. It usually stops if I leave the server running for a few days. I've brought this up before but I don't think there was any control over it back then. There must be in the configuration somewhere? Your server beaconing as it does makes for a good propagation beacon on the 2 bands. I'm not saying you should change anything, I just want to know how I might control that behavior on my server, that's all. The great minds behind the project are soon to see the day, so we'll see what they have to say... :-)

Greg

On 08/15/2013 10:27 PM, Robert Krasowski wrote:
Hi Greg, it looks like propagation was good and your server rsponded to my beacon, can you check what time exactly your server did that. My beacon is at 0, 3, 10, 13, 20, 23 min etc , so quite frequent. I can reduce that frequency of transmitting, but prefer not to.
73
Robert
KB2PNM