[pskmail] Re: pskmailers,shiptrack

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:12:07 +0100

Hmmm... I have tried to tackle this one but I can forget that here. The wifi
will not support an  APRS stream, let alone a full bandwidth one. So someone
else will have to bite the bullet.

You need to connect to the full APRS stream (e.g. telnet rotate.aprs.net 10151
or telnet ahubswe.net 2023), and send a user CALL pass NUMBER.
The number is generated in the server, and is different for every CALL. That
will verify you as a user.
You can connect only to one sAPRS erver with 1 callsign, so ue an SSID (PA0R-1).

Then just grep the messages with PSKAPRS to a file... that will get you
started. I can help with the regexps to pull the data out, but I cannot access
the data where I am.

The pskmail servers are now connected to a limited stream containing only
messages (inbound) to enable messaging. Outbound the position is sent to the
backbone. I have done this to leave some bandwidth for your XYL when she wants
to chat with her friends....

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P

PS: I will take away the client-server linkup requirement on inbound position
messages...