[pskmail] Re: pskmailers,shiptrack

  • From: "David Vrona" <dave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:17:28 -0500

Rein,

It may be worth an exchange of e-mail with Tom at shiptrak (see my e-mail
forward to you) to discuss this.  He would share his experiences with
winlink and yotreps and I imagine it would quickly lead to the best way to
do this.

I could host a database but I believe we need to setup several sites and
sync the data between them.

Dave
n9qnz

On 2/11/07, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ultra cool stuff...

Well, to build a data base will not be very difficult, as I have foreseen
these requirements coming a few years ago :)

All information is available on the APRS backbone, which all servers are
connected to.
It is just a matter of grepping the right messages, logging them and
putting them into a database.
I will have a look at the greps, and we can see later on where we put the
data base. Pskmail.org is an option (but we have some problems with the
hosting), and I would also be glad to give somebody an opportunity...

In what form would you like to have the data?
Call Utc_time Position?

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P