[pskmail] pskmail progress

  • From: "Bill - N8ET" <n8et@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 22:52:09 -0500

I picked up the latest (corrected) Puppy PSKmail and booted up two laptops.
I got the client running on one, and after a bit of fooling around, got the
server running on the other.  The server would not run until I edited
pskmailrc.pl and changed the path to the user database file.  It was pointed
at a directory that did not exist on the file structure that the Puppy CD set
up.

Once the server and the client were both running on separate laptops with
fldigi also running, I connected to two together thru the audio ports, and was
able to do pings with QSL responses, APRS beacons were heard and
passed on the the findu system, and I was able to connect to the server with
the client.  However, the client would not stay connected.  I did a "server
update" (susccessfully) and the connection dropped.  I re-connected, and
did a QTC - and found no mail, and the connection dropped.  I went to
another PC, sent a mail to the acct that pskmail looks at, connected again
and it found the mail (reported 1 header), and the connection dropped.  I
then connected again, requested a download of the mail, and I could see the
message go out of the server, but them the server log showed an error
message and it never made it to the client and the connection dropped.

I assume that the connection should stay up longer than one request...

It appears that there are a lot of ack/responses going from the server to the
client before the connection drops.  Unfortunately  I managed to close the
log before I was able to figure out how to copy the log to something I could
e-mail to someone to look it.  I saved the Puppy configuration when I quit, so
perhaps it is still there.  I need to figure out how to do a cut and paste in
Linux so I can post it here for more help.

Has anyone else run into the problems I am having ??

thanks for listening!  ;>)

--
73 - Bill - N8ET
Kanga US