[pskmail] pskmail new versions

  • From: Bob Morgan <wb5aoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:19:04 -0500

Rein,

For jpskmail-1.5.24, what I download looks like the version with a
filedate of Sept 4 and it probably isn't the new one from what I
can tell from this end: 748853 Sep  4 12:27 javapskmail.jar
I am also having a little bit of a problem distinguishing versions
when the filename of all of them is just the jarfile itself.

For pskmail server 2.1.l I get a 404 not found error
from the webserver.

I was able to grab the 2.1.0-e just fine and it comes up and runs
on a preliminary test.

Can you take a look at the files on the server to see that they
are accessible?  I am looking at page:
http://pskmail.org/PSKMaildownloads.html

I still get tripped up trying to tell 1 from l, and I bet I am not alone.

I still want to try a version 1 test with the new modems, and particularly
the psk1000 mode on a local or vhf circuit.

Can you also confirm which patched version of fldigi needs to be
downloaded/installed?
Has it changed in the last few weeks?  Does it have a waterfall-only mode or
does it matter just to run the tests?

A couple of weeks ago, I actually managed to get a version 2 jpskmail to come
up and execute on a Raspberry Pi, but it was too slow to be useful.  I am fairly
sure that I had some misconfigured system audio settings in addition.  But it
made it
onto the screen.  I am wondering if fldigi and version 1 of pskmail might have
a little better chance of running on it, but it isn't my biggest worry right
now.

Thanks,

73 de Bob WB5AOH
Austin TX