[pskmail] pskmail first steps

  • From: Jan Bruggeman <jan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 10:09:39 +0200

All,

Let me begin by saying that I am quite convinced that pskmail is a
fantastic product.

The last few days I've tried again to use pskmail, but without result.
First of all let me say that noise at my side (setup at home) is s9 + 10
db, which I suspect is the main reason I do not hear anything.

Listening for 48 hours the stations 9A1CRA, OE5RTL, SA6BQZ-1 and SM0RWO
did show up very briefly, so I tried to contact them all. 9A1CRA and
OE5RTL succeeded more ore less in the evening of aug. 14, but for the
rest, nothing. No replies heard whatsoever.

Very sporadically I see position reports passing by, but I do not think
I have received an undammaged packet yet.

Could you check in your logs wether you received me, and thus "prove"
the problem is at my side ?

And my excuses if I have disturbed anyone on frequency, I do not see
what I'm doing, I'm not sure if my outgoing signal is any good ...

For the moment I'm changing my home setup to a mobile one, so I can
escape the noise and try again. But all input to resolve this is
welcome.

--
mvg,

jan Bruggeman - ON4AIN