[pskmail] Re: pskmail attempt on trip next week

  • From: "Leigh L Klotz, Jr." <Leigh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:25:13 -0700

Yes, I have used one with PSK since early 2004.
The MOSFETS are not tolerant of high SWR (ii.e. accidental ATU) or overdriving (10W). Other than that it is great for PSK. You might plan to adjust the rf-sense hang time to get the right balance for PSK. It is a good investment for use with any QRP rig (KX1, PSK-20, FT-817, etc).
73,
Leigh/WA5ZNU
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 5:20 pm, Per Crusefalk wrote:
Hi Fred,

That amplifier looks nice. 35 watts should be fine, 5 watts is almost
always enough so 35 should cover most situations. I'm stalling my
purchases a bit here as I am waiting to see if I can go to Washington
D.C in October. Rigs are 50% cheaper in the US, compared to here, and if
I get sent there then I should indeed take advantage and invest in some
hardware :-)