[pskmail] pskmail attempt on trip next week

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:36:55 -0500

I'll be on the Alabama Gulf Coast next week in a location without a local dial-up internet number for my provider (may find a restaurant wireless hot spot). Hopefully pskmail will come through. I'll try the WB5CON and N5ALE servers with my QRP FT-817. First time for me to try it over a long distance.

Per,
I ordered the hfpacker 35 watt amplifier kit from hfprojects.com. I almost have it built, but not in time for this trip. Very nice and compact. Should be a nice addition when a little more power is needed. I puts out 35 to 40 watts with 2 watts in. It reportedly works very well on psk at full power if a small cpu fan is put on the heatsink. Or, at about 20 watts with no fan.

There has not been much activity on the WB5CON server in the last couple of weeks. Put those pskmail clients to work!

73,
Fred
wb5con