[pskmail] Re: pskmail at 2000 bps using RFSM 2400

  • From: "karel Fassotte" <karel.fassotte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:07:23 -0500

Hello Per and others,
Yes the field we are working in is realy very interesting. We are the
only ones (fools), covering all terrains of interest.
Radiobroadcasting, wireless-access, VHF and UHF communications. Most
of the work we do is wireless in relation with developent. Thats the
focus. Wireless shortwave access is one of the solutions, because vast
aereas do not have sufficient infrastructure, to build wireless,
highspeed links and access points. At this moment we combine, ADSL,
where available, and sattelite access, where needed with a high speed,
(wifi) wireless back bone (54Mbs, airspeed) at 5.8Ghz. with high gain
parabolic antenas,  accesspoints and clients at 2.4Ghz. with sector
and panel antennas. The problem for us is that mainly for development
its still costly so not very much money is available. We could use
some more. Our strategy to get connectivity to the poor rural areas is
very simple. Development will never occure without communications and
participation. We install networks for thirdparties, like
creditorganisations, radio stations, government, and let them share
bandwidth with organisations like schools, farmer organisations,
fare-trade and others that are not ecenomicaly feasinable. The
security is simply handled by subnet encryption.
Wireless bandwidth is mostly abundant, the links provide throughput of
more than 47Mbs, also over quite large distances of more than 50 km,
whereas the internet connectivity is no more than 1Mbs. Most traffic
is Internet traffic, because all use the Yahoo fools stuff,
staturating bandwith with unneccesary mail traffic. Anyway please have
look at our WEB site if interested in our work. Its only in spanish up
to now (I dont have time to make an english site)
http://www.oftelsat.com:2082

At this moment we use the RFSM2400 milstd 188-110a in another way to
garantee access and throughput, no mail yet. We simply hookup the
directory RECEIVED used by the RFSM as a common directory, that can be
seen by the other radios remotly, and by opthers via intenet, using
our FTP server that uses this common directory. In this way others in
the internet may access and exchange the files also. Having a mail
service integrated, would complete the implementation. We donot feel
the bandwidth broad enough to sustain WEB access, if only textbased
WEB.

Thanks Per, if there are some more interested out, please give it a try.
greetings
Karel Fassotte
HC1AKP / PE2KFA

2007/1/23, Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Karel,

Yes, two soundcards seems to be needed. It appears that wine has a problem
with full duplex in the way that RFSM wants to use it. Also, I have
various levels of success with my PC's. Some work pretty good and others
just crash.

I have made pskmail send connect frames using RFSM but I have only one PC
that likes RFSM and wine so I can't test the entire system.
Lots of interesting info in your email, sound like you are having a lot of
fun there. Regarding the other waveforms I would love to see PSK256 in
fldigi, is that only available in MixW at the moment or is it supported by
other software ?

73 de Per, sm0rwo