[pskmail] Re: [pskmail] Re: STANAG 4285 legal in the US? (was: Re: Re: Server & Hamlib Question....)

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:11:43 +0200

> If PSKmail could be a bit more straight forward to install it would attract
> many hams.

There is now a static image of pskmail which needs almost no installation. The
perl libraries are
precompiled into the images and these replace the psk_arq.pl, arq.pm and
rflinkclient.pl scripts.
I will put the files on the download site today if I have time.
Disadvantage of the stuff is longer starting time and larger memory footprint.
But is works as well as the perl source based program. I should probably also
write a small installation script.
You can try this already by booting from the pskmail_puppy live CD or by
installing the pskmail_puppy_for_windows archive on a windows XP machine.

73, Rein

BTW, I upgraded the laptop to ubuntu 7.10 yesterday; it was a matter of 1 click
and 45 minutes wait. Really cool.

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com