[pskmail] Re: [pskmail] RE: [pskmail] Notes from the Zweibr ücken meeting

  • From: William <va3udp@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:47:50 +0100

Le 08-11-13 à 11:06, Sven a écrit :

Hi all,
DAMA could provide a solution to collisions, but I
don't see how DAMA would work on HF, because to keep
control, routes must be stable, and HF isn't.

I would envision it as several DAMA arbitration services
running in each region, that coordinate with each other.
They are not necessarily PSKMail servers but coordinate
access to services on the net -- likedistributed net
control. Any node in a region should be able to hear at
least one of them.

It is crucial though that the protocol be able to fall
back to peer-to-peer mode without any DAMA stuff.

Of course there are no guarantees. In practice I have
seen more problems with QRM from random RTTY stations than
with collisions, but this can change.

73 de William EA5/VA3UDP
va3udp /@/ rac.ca