[pskmail] Re: [pskmail] Garmin Etrex Venture HC USB and first test of jpskmail

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 20:58:11 +0100

Bonjour Fred,

the server you contacted is clearly not up to date, it does not understand
the compressed email commands. This could be the case for the
intermar servers like DK4XI and S54FAA-0, which have not been updated to
version 0.9.27 (we are now testing 0.9.28). The intermar servers are mainly
for APRS...

What you can do is go to Edit->Preferences->Email settings and
make sure 'compressed' is OFF, as the intermar servers
use the slower 'uncompressed' email method which is 2x
slower than the compressed method.

Or you can try one of the servers on 10147 (SM0RWO, IS0GRB-3, PI4TUE)
which run the latest test software, They run  PSK500,
making it even 4x faster....

You will need the latest fldigi version with the new PSK-FEC modes
(at least alpha version fldigi-3.13BF_PSKR) for that, we hope it will
 become available via the official channels soon.

If you do not want to experiment too much it may be better to stick to
the servers on 10148 (uncompressed) until we are ready to release the
new multi-speed stuff,,,

In case you want to help us with testing the new software I can send
you the latest linux client...., or you can ask SM0RWO to issue a new alpha
snapshot for
the windows client, he is also our GPS expert :)

good evening,

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com