[pskmail] pskmail

  • From: Joe Hetrick <kc0vkn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:58:59 -0500

Greetings folks,

I'm somewhat new to PSKMail and have a couple of questions about the flow;

Some of you (VE7SUN WB5CON) will recognize me from their logs, no doubt... :)

I've made a few attempts to connect to a couple of hosts that I can hear beaconing, but without much success.

In both cases I've gotton "connected" and then my side sends a string, which I presume is whatever action I've chose (APRS Beacon, get headers..etc..) but I've not made it past this point. I'll see the remote side sending back a single string, which I assume to be an ACK of some sort.

Can somebody give a more detailed outline of the flow between client/ server for me?

        Additionally;

It seems that fldigi source README's talk about pskmail, but, only the PA0R provided fldigi binaries actually work with pskmail?

In mail mode, I assume the remote service merely acts as a proxy for a pop account that I provide. How is mail sent by the remote host, as, this would obviously require relay privileges on an internet- facing mailserver.

And, lastly; does anyone have problems with fldigi *not* wanting to save all of it's config? Specifically for me in the interfaces section, I find it nearly impossible to get it to actually save my PTT config. I finally resorted to editing the fldigi.def's by hand by doing a diff against another fldigi.def and the XML file so I could determine which fields required which number.

A strace on fldigi during execution wasn't overly helpful as I saw writes for exactly what ended up in the flatfile, but, not what I had necessarily chosen in the Interfaces config; Though, through my own hackery, that is now working. Just wondering if anybody else had seen this behavior.

73,

Joe KC0VKN