[pskmail] on eeePC 901 XP with puppy 4.0-USB

  • From: zbinden@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:28:19 +0200

TNX Joerg and Rein!

I have a recovery CD for the eeePC 701.
If it helps I can send you a copy of the CD.
Because the eeePC902 has a different processor, I do not know if it would work.

you should be able to boot from a USB stick, that works  on my PC 900.
I tried the USB-stick generator on a SD-card and could boot. But the problem is, that I can't manage to enter the correct values for X.

- XORG cannot detect the right resolution, so I did try a to c (a is the minimum and c is 1024x768)
- then I tried it with the other option (called VESA?)

What I got, shows the picture attached to this e-mail.
Puppy runs, but the menues do not have texts, something with the X-configuration doesn't work.

btw.
I would recommend USB-sticks and not SD-cards, becaus it is easier to change the boot-order. SD-cards do count as HDD and if I want to boot from the SD I have to change it to HDD-Nr.1. That's ok, but if I remove the card, it is afterwards back to HDD-Nr. 3. USB-sticks count as removable devices and can remain in position 1 in the boot-order.

tnx to everyone, maybe someone can help me with the correct configuration for X.

73

Kaspar, HB9EGZ