[pskmail] Re: on eeePC 901 XP

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 23:56:23 +0200

Hi Kaspar,

you should be able to boot from a USB stick, that works  on my PC 900.
A new image with puppy4 is available from intermar-ev, www.pskmail.de. It can
be
downloaded there and it contains a 'stick generator; which runs under windows
and generates a bootable puppy4 stick including the latest pskmail client and
fldigi 3.0
which work fine on most of my laptops.

Only problem when I boot my PC900 from the puppy 4 stick:
I have not figured out how to get audio output under puppy4, still working on
it.

Can;t you get hold of a German recovery CD with Xandros for the 901? That would
make for
a great little PC... (I have one with Dutch).

It is also relatively easy to put UBUNTU 8.04 on the eeePC, my son does it from
stick... From there you can of course run pskmail 1.0 (coming next) and fldigi
3.0

Hope this helps,

Rein PA0R