[pskmail] not able to send email

  • From: Greg <kb1ncj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 20:29:08 -0500

I have been out of this for a while. I am glad to see all the progress! Amazing! I was trying the android app and it functions well for APRS especially since vhf digi's are few in the mountains here.

My question is.. when I try to send an email, I receive the response...

Receiving email
Error sending mail : Auth failed: 535 5.7.1 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
 at /usr/local/share/pskmail_server/rflinkserver.pl line 4349

Is this because of a new "server password" feature I am not familiar with ( a short explanation would be great or I can check the manual if all else fails) or is it that the server I attempted to send through is not set up for smtp?

Thanks for all the good work.

Greg