[pskmail]

  • From: jason matonis <kb2sdrjay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 04:53:42 -0800 (PST)

Hello to everyone,

I am coming back to pskmail after a small hiatus. I see this wonderful program
has progressed quite a bit and it looks to have many new features. I have been
curious as to what the minimal hardware requirements are since this has been
upgraded to java. I have tried it on two of my laptop, on being an old 800Mhz
with 512 Megs (winXP) of ram and another being the XO Laptop by OLPC, which is
a 433Mhz (Debian) with 256 Megs ram. I have not notices the computers to slow
down when fldigi and pskmail are operating but I do notice that the link
between the two programs seems to become congested or just stops after a few
connects or pings. I do not notice any errors within the terminal of the linux
box when either program is running. I was wondering if anyone else has run into
this problem. This has been a wonderful program since the beginning of it
inception and I hope to incorporate it into my emergency / backup
communications. This software was very handy when
 I lived in South Dakota and the Power/ telephone would die. I was still able
to communicate with people on the outside of the effected area.

keep up the good work
73
Jason
KB2SDR