[pskmail] Re: new version for testing

  • From: Rein Couperus PA0R <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:04:56 +0200

OK, I have made two archives, and I just downloaded them successfully
via http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail/snapshot/

The client is backward compatible with older servers, but the new
features will not be available of course.

They are:
* QSL for unproto (APRS) messages (port 26)
* Upload of user data record to the server via radio channel
* Welcome message tells you: 'you have 34987 messages'
* New header list, so you only download message headers 34985 and 34986
This means you can leave the mail at the server so you can download the
big ones at a later date.
* Clear header list if you want to start from scratch (e.g. after
reorganizing your mail with a web client).

This will need some testing, svn has been updated.

The new server, now running at PI4TUE, has version nr. 0.2.0, the client
will have 0.2.1

73, Rein PA0R