[pskmail] Re: new server snapshot for adding new users from client

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:49:33 -0500

Hi Rein,

I have installed the latest snapshot and everything over the air is working great!

I am still seeing the fields in the database shifted down by one place. However, mail is being checked properly and headers sent to the client. That tells me that is probably just a display issue when showing the data using user_db.pl.

If I put a user in with the user_db.pl script, the data displays properly. When I put a user in over the air and then display it using user_db.pl, the data fields are shifted down by one location.....but it checks pop3 mail properly. Hummmmm?

Gone to the sailboat for the weekend. Will check mail via pskmail if there is not too much noise on the rf link.

73,
Fred - WB5CON

Rein Couperus PA0R wrote:
Hello Fred,

tnx for the info, it helped me to pinpoint a few tweaks...

I have tried to round it up and made a new snapshot. My client now says:

----%<--------
Connect: Fri Sep 15 11:14:41 CEST 2006

PI4TUE pskmail v.0.2.1 Hi TE0ST, pse update your record! (after updating the data base:) Updated database for TE0ST (After ~QTC+1:) No mail Disconnect: Fri Sep 15 11:17:33 CEST 2006 --------%<------

Now TE0ST is in the database, so when I connect again:

--------%<------
Connect: Fri Sep 15 11:18:23 CEST 2006

PI4TUE pskmail v.0.2.1 Hi TE0ST, No mail Disconnect: Fri Sep 15 11:19:32 CEST 2006 ----------%<----------

The database entry for TE0ST is o.k., and the error message on the
server is now gone.
I included a variable $opensystem = 1; in the code of rflinkserver.pl
If you set an $opensystem = 0; in the pskmailrc.pl file the new call
will not be accepted.

If you find any anomalies, pse shout. It helps to improve the code :)

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 10:16 -0500, Fred Reiselt wrote:
I installed the server snapshot and did some testing. I can add a new
user totally from an rf client. There a couple of strange things.

First, when the email info is uploaded from an rf client, the fields
in the users data in rflink_users.db are shifted down by one position. For
example, field 1: pop host is blank while field 2: pop user has the pop host
entry, and so on.

Second, when the server encounters an unregistered user, it will
connect and ask the new user to update their data. The second time the server
encounters a new user, it will not ask the new user to update their data.
Instead, it says "sri, no mail". If the server perl script is restarted, it will
then ask a new user to update their data the first time only.

I do think a flag for this feature in the pskmailrc.pl would be a good
idea. Some hams may want to set up a server just for themselves or a small
group as it wouldn't take many users to keep a server busy.

Thanks for your efforts. I'll be glad to do some more testing as
needed.

I have attached output from the server, in case it is useful.

73,
Fred - WB5CON