[pskmail] Re: new files for testing

  • From: "David Vrona" <dave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:14:49 -0500

Ok, I will install the client on an Ubuntu 6.10 laptop.  I'll try to do this
over the next couple of days.

Then I'll get back to finishing the client wiki.  I never heard about which
version of fldigi is to be recommended so I guess I'll use the version that
does not need libhamlib.

dave
n9qnz

On 2/8/07, Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I have packaged the new server and client for alpha testing.

The most important change is that both server and client are now bundled
in 1 executable each, including all necessary libraries and perl modules
(theoretically).

So if this works, it would be a lot easier to install and run.

I have uploaded 2 files to
http://sharon.earac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail:

The client, now pskmail-1.0.alpha1.tar.gz
The server, now pskmailserver-1.0.alpha1.tar.gz

Installation of the server:
untar the archive in the home directory. There will be 2 files, 1 is the
executable, called pskmailserver and the other is pskmailrc.pl.example. I
included the last one to show the new format, which adds 2 variables
connected to ptttune and beaconing (@beaconarray). You run the server by
simply saying ',/pskmailserver'.

Installation of the client:
untar the archive in the ~/mail directory. There is only 1 file called
pskmail. You run it from the ~/mail directory by saying './pskmail'.
Under the edit menu you will find a new item called configuration. Here
you can enter the values which were in the original pskmailrc.pl. After a
config change you will have to exit and restart the program.

I hope all this works, I have no clean computer here to test if it works
without installing the perl modules etc.

Fldigi installation is separate, that depends on what you want to do with
it.
You can tell the pskmail client where to expect the gMFSK.log file and
where fldigi expects the gmfsk_autofile.
For the server that information can be changed in the pskmailrc.pl file.

Hope somebody has the time to test this. The code is alpha, and needs some
thorough testing. It should be faster now as the timing has been altered to
service PSK125. But at some stages it may be too fast:)

If it works everything will be a bit easier in future:) Please tell me if
it asks for files that are not there!!

Have fun with it!!

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P