[pskmail] new files for testing

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:40:33 +0100

Hi,

I have packaged the new server and client for alpha testing.

The most important change is that both server and client are now bundled in 1
executable each, including all necessary libraries and perl modules
(theoretically).

So if this works, it would be a lot easier to install and run.

I have uploaded 2 files to http://sharon.earac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/pskmail:

The client, now pskmail-1.0.alpha1.tar.gz
The server, now pskmailserver-1.0.alpha1.tar.gz

Installation of the server:
untar the archive in the home directory. There will be 2 files, 1 is the
executable, called pskmailserver and the other is pskmailrc.pl.example. I
included the last one to show the new format, which adds 2 variables connected
to ptttune and beaconing (@beaconarray). You run the server by simply saying
',/pskmailserver'.

Installation of the client:
untar the archive in the ~/mail directory. There is only 1 file called pskmail.
You run it from the ~/mail directory by saying './pskmail'.
Under the edit menu you will find a new item called configuration. Here you can
enter the values which were in the original pskmailrc.pl. After a config change
you will have to exit and restart the program.

I hope all this works, I have no clean computer here to test if it works
without installing the perl modules etc.

Fldigi installation is separate, that depends on what you want to do with it.
You can tell the pskmail client where to expect the gMFSK.log file and where
fldigi expects the gmfsk_autofile.
For the server that information can be changed in the pskmailrc.pl file.

Hope somebody has the time to test this. The code is alpha, and needs some
thorough testing. It should be faster now as the timing has been altered to
service PSK125. But at some stages it may be too fast:)

If it works everything will be a bit easier in future:) Please tell me if it
asks for files that are not there!!

Have fun with it!!

73,

Rein EA/PA0R/P