[pskmail] Re: netherlands.aprs2.net connection problem

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:39:02 -0600

That was it.  Thanks! I should have noticed that :>)  73 - Fred

Rein Couperus PA0R wrote:
Fred,

try 'killall rflinkserver.pl' and restart.

It looks like you have several threads running which try to connect to
the APRS server. And that allows only 1 connect per call so it
disconnects you. Kill all threads and start again.

Rein EA/PA0R/P

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 17:33 -0600, Fred Reiselt wrote:
Looking at http://netherlands.aprs2.net:14501/ It looks like I am staying connected less than a minute and then reconnecting

73,
Fred

Rein,

I have the new server running. I ran into a few minor things so far.

1) required additional perl module Net::GPSD, which also needed Geo::Inverse, Geo::Functions, Geo::Forward, Geo::PRN, Geo::Ellipsoids, and Geo::Constants
2) server would not start. Per found it: rflinkserver.pl line 1918
3) had to create a ~/fldigi-1.0 directory
4) had to change $scanner="F" to $scanner="" in pskmailrc.pl since I am not scanning

Now it is running and connecting to netherlands.aprs2.net. I have not connected a client to it yet. It is repeating 'Connected to netherlands.aprs2.net' about twice per minute.

73,
Fred