[pskmail] Re: more on frequency changing by itself

  • From: kd7tkq@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 08:02:30 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message ----
> From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> If you use pskmail-1.0.3c and fldigi 3.04AX you will use the new ARQ tcp/ip

Thanks Rein. Perhaps I'll try that too.

> Using this combination fldigi will ALWAYS tx on the sweet spot.

Ah! That sounds like what it should do. My worry with the AFC was that
QRM would pull it off freq while idle and then I'd end up transmitting
way off frequency.

I wonder also, with either version of fldigi, what effect a higher SQL setting
might have - at least it won't go hunting around on every little speck of
static and mild qrm.

> (This is alpha, and needs testing, but here it has worked as advertized for
> at
> least 4 weeks,

Heck, if it were a Micro$oft product, it would probably be a release candidate
by that time ;)

> You can find the 1.0.3c client in
> http://hermes.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pskmail/alpha.

I might just give it a try. As for the fldigi 3.04AX, I didn't notice that the
other day when I was there to get 3.03

Interesting aside - Ubuntu has fldigi in their repositories, but I
guess whomever maintains them isn't interested enough to keep it
updated. They only have 2.something, and fldigi has been 3  for at
least several months now, I think.
- Mike

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail
in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And
radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them
there. The only difference is that there is no cat.  --Albert Einstein,
describing radio.