[pskmail] Re: more on frequency changing by itself

  • From: kd7tkq@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 08:02:08 -0800 (PST)

> From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I have the same behaviour here. When I use fldigi without opening the

Thanks for the quick answer, Per. So it's not just me this happens with.

> "use sweetspot" and limit the AFC search range then that will help.

Thanks. I'll have to try that.

On a related note, when I transmit, does it transmit always at the sweet spot,
or does it transmit wherever the AFC has left it?

73 de Mike KD7TKQ

You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail
in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And
radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them
there. The only difference is that there is no cat.  --Albert Einstein,
describing radio.