[pskmail] Re: more on frequency changing by itself

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 12:14:02 +0100

Fldigi is doing what it should do, i.e. hunting for a psk signal inside a
narrow band,
sweet spot +- 40 Hz (that is, if you set Acquisition search range to 40 Hz,
configure->modem->psk).

If you use pskmail-1.0.3c and fldigi 3.04AX you will use the new ARQ tcp/ip
interface
with a new, more effective DCD scheme. In previous versions DCD was derived
from
the <US>, <SOH> and <EOT> characters. In the new interface DCD is activated by
any
character decoded, i.e. also on qrm.
Using this combination fldigi will ALWAYS tx on the sweet spot.
Moreover fldigi 3.04AX has the bug fixed where it would TX a random part of the
heap on
the frequency. This was a bug in the POSIX SysV interface.
I have not yet had time to port the new interface to the server, that is in the
works....

(This is alpha, and needs testing, but here it has worked as advertized for at
least 4 weeks,
it has a bug reading the fldigi log into the monitor window).
You can find the 1.0.3c client in http://hermes.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pskmail/alpha.