[pskmail] Re: live distro, future and feature requests ?

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 17:39:31 +0100

tis 2006-12-26 klockan 18:26 -0500 skrev Ed:
<cut/>
> Lilo was a problem for me. It installed to the MBR and overwrote grub. I
> haven't tried to re-run the grub installer to try and correct it. At
> first I installed the livecd to the free space on the HD, but I kept
> getting a error 24 from grub. So I had to re-install a minimum Debian
> and then install the livecd. But with lilo overwriting the mbr, I have
> no access to Debian until I see if I can fix grub via the rescue mode
> from the Debian cd. I also think a desktop shortcut to the web browser
> for the client would be a good idea. The livecd is really a good
> alternative to those unfamiliar with Linux. Thanks for your work on
> this. Fldigi is now up to ver 1.12a and has some really good,new
> features, true FSK among others.
>
> Ed W3NR

Hi Ed,

I'm sorry for not answering this sooner. I am updating the live distro
at the moment and I will try to squeeze grub in there. There are
unconfirmed reports of problems with grub and the live installer, I will
try to test as best I can and it would be great if you could try it as
well.

I will put a shortcut to a browser on the desktop as well, good
suggestion.