[pskmail] Re: ke7xo connect attempt

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:42:34 -0600

Hi Darrel,

That is good news that you can see the server. I tried my server from my boat, about 20 miles apart, yesterday. I got no response but I might be able to get into your server. I'll have to try that next time I'm there in a couple of weeks.

I had meant for us to be 1kHz apart. I guess I'm a little confused on the frequencies listed on the wiki as to whether they are the frequency the radio is set on or the center frequency of the server (radio dial + 1kHz.). I'll be happy to shift frequency, although, right now we can get an idea of propagation by looking for each other's beacons.

73,
Fred - WB5CON

ve7cus@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Fred,

I also saw KE7OX connect to our server (VE7SUN) but the server finally gave up trying to get a response after the connect.

I also see the WB5CON server beacon 1 minute before ours. Usually between late morning here and early evening.

Darrel

On 11-Feb-07, at 10:59 AM, Fred Reiselt wrote:

I saw KE7XO attempt to connect to WB5CON server.

If you will use upper case with the calls, it should work.

The server disconnected because of the use of lower case in the call.

73,
Fred - WB5CON