[pskmail] Re: jpskmail-0.3.5 alpha for testing

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:21:56 +0200

Hi Roger,

The rxtx libs are missing, you need to install them.
I put that under installation here:
http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/jpskmail

The rxtx project says that it should be enough to have the RXTXcomm.jar
and librxtxserial.* files within the project folder. Clearly that works
for most but not for all. I can put those in an installer and have that
put them in the general java path. But, that procedure is discouraged
by the rxtx project as that can potentially put an old library in the
general java installation path of the system.
Another way is to put the librxtxserial.so within /lib (and .dll within
windows/system). I think I'll let the installer copy the manual procedure
on the wiki.

But, this problem should not be happening anywhere so we need to have the
installer sort this out.

73 de Per, sm0rwo