[pskmail] Re: jpskmail questions

  • From: John Douyere <vk2eta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 07:46:08 +1000

Hi,

In desperation here are a few things I would check:

1. Based on the exchanges before, I assume you have the radio on 10147 dial.
The Fldigi audio frequency should be 1000Hz. Note that you should start
Fldigi BEFORE the pskmail application so that it can be initialized
properly.

2. If you have a frequency meter, I would propose, when all frequencies are
set,  you click on the tune button of fldigi and measure the frequency
transmitted. It should be 10148KHz plus or minus 40 hertz maximum to make
sure the servers capture your PSK signal.. Alternatively you can listen and
zero out on another rig to ensure proper center frequency.

3. Timing of the sound card. Since the timing becomes more critical as PSK
speeds goes up, I would check the calibration of the sound card. Use the WWV
mode of Fldigi for that.

4. I would leave the system on receive and check if beacons from the servers
are received OK. If not then it is propagation or one of the above.

Sorry if I state the obvious.

73's, John (VK2ETA)