[pskmail] jpskmail 2.0.19

  • From: Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 17:44:34 +0100

Hello group!

After a long while I started to play again with pskmail.

The idea was to have version 2 working, at least unter Linux (Mint 13, Icom IC-7200 on /dev/ttyUSB0 and as default sound device).

First strange thing (all on DSP-Tab):

Sometimes every waterfall line consits of dots, the way it should be.

Sometimes (after start of the client) the waterfall lines are formed by short vertical stripes instead of dots, looks strange.

I can select in the combo-box for sound "In" what I want, no change. The names offered here are different from the names shown by the OS, so you can only guess, what the right sond device is. For now I did set the USB-soundcard presented by the IC-7200 as "default" in the OS settings and selected "default" in the client.

"Tune" starts a Transmit cycle and stops transmittig sound after a short time (whis is to be expected), but IC-7200 stays in xmit-mode.

When I try following lines in a terminal starting and stopping of transmit mode works fine:
rigctl -m 361 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 19200 T 1
rigctl -m 361 -r /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 19200 T 0

Before anybody asks: in Preferences/Rig "use rigctl", "PTT via Rigctl" are set, Rig is 361 at 19200 Baud on /dev/ttyUSB0

As I'm writig this I saw, that beacon, pings etc are sent correctly. So it's only the tune-button.

73, Klaus