[pskmail] Re: jpskmail 1.5.10 testers wanted

  • From: Franz Rohrauer <franz.rohrauer@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 22:01:39 +0200

Hi Per, Rein,

installed jpskmail 1.5.10 on my test-equipment running Debian 6,
installer worked fine!

Testing jpskmail I have one idea only:

as operator of server oe5rtl I see, a lot of connections will be closed
by server's loosing contact to client, switching down step by step to
the lowest mode and closing session after timeout. I think, this will be
caused by erroneously using of 'Abort'-button in jpskmail.

When user wants to stop a transaction, he should press [Ctrl]+[z] or
menue-bar -> Link -> Stop Transaction (see manual, but: who reads
manuals??). So the transaction is stopped, but handshaking is active.
When user erroneously clicks 'Abort', transaction is also stopped, but
by stopping handshaking - server looses contact to client!!!

When client looses contact to server by qrm, qrn or qsb, it could be
reset into idle-mode by 'Idle-time' (Preferences -> configuration) or by
closing the program.

So you can rename button 'Abort' to 'Stop transact.' and the function
can be the same as [Ctrl]+[z]. When user clicks it, transaction will be
stopped but server doesn't loose contact to client and session can be
closed by button 'Quit'!

73, de

Franz, oe5rtl