[pskmail] Re: jpskmail 0.3.8 beta test

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:31:42 +0200

John,

I will try the sever changes next week... I shot my test system at PI4TUE, and
it will not restart,
so I have to go there tomorrow...

Meanwhile I think I found the error in the client code, and repaired it. I have
tested it with some
quite big files, on a path with heavy multipath distortion, so it needed lots
of repeats.
The main problem was that the client generated block numbers outside the scope
of the
frame and put them into the $Missed variable. Since the change I have not seen
that happen again. The sliding window we use is 16 blocks, and the 'missed'
blocks
should be within that scope.

When generating the next frame, the server first sends the missed blocks, and
fills the
rest of the frame with new blocks, so we are not really missing anything,
unless the client generates
wrong numbers.

But I will try the server changes as soon as I have my test server back...

Meanwhile I have put a new server (0.9.20) with some important improvements
into the hermes.esrac.ele.tue.tue.nl/pskmail/alpha directory...
With that version the server will not get stuck in a deadlock when the client
does
not respond to connect acks...

Today we had some weird conditions on 30, lots of multipath giving the band a
'hollow' sound with
even some echo on it.... PSK250 was really struggling, so ideal for testing :)
THOR22 always worked...

Rein,

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com