[pskmail] Re: java, again

  • From: Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 08:28:23 +0100

Hello Drew, it's not a joke, but it's fun.

I use pskmail every day on a W 7/64 machine. But with the 32 Bit java version. Make shure, that javaw.exe is located in a folder which is part of the PATH. For readable error messages open a cmd-window and enter your commandline there. Similiar as you would do in Linux. With client 2.0.x there are some rules to be followed, like "make the tranceivers soundchannel the default sound channel and use this" and "use the latest client (2.0.29)".

Good luck
Klaus, DL4OAH

Am 07.02.2013 22:08, schrieb Drew Smith:

Hey guys,

Ok, I followed the instructions on the site regarding 64-bit Java under Windows 7.

Now when I double-click on the icon, I get a brief flash of a DOS window with an error - doing it a few dozen times, I'm able to read an error that says something like:

"Unable to locate class Main in c:\path\to\desktop\pskmail-2.0.27.jar"

I have yet to ever see pskmail running, even though I've been trying every now and then for months. I'm beginning to think that pskmail, the website, the wiki and even this mailing list is nothing more than an elaborate practical joke.

Can someone please spell out for me - in excruciating detail - how to get pskmail to launch under Windows 7? All of my systems knowledge is Linux and OSX, I haven't used Windows since early Win95.

Cheers,
- Drew.

--
Drew Smith (mux) <drew@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:drew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>, VA7DSX / VE0TF