[pskmail] Re: iGating

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:07:17 -0500

I'm afraid the WB5CON server is probably down for good. It was up 24x7 for several years. After the hard drive failed, the monitor quit, the radio went deaf, and the dipole fell down, all in less than one month, I took it as a sign. I, too, am surprised at the lack of activity. The server would often go several weeks without any activity on it. I'm glad the folks in Europe and Australia realize what a great system it is.

I originally set it up to use while on my sailboat but propagation was not right. I'm too close for skywave and too far for groundwave. I left it up for others to use and figured other servers would pop up that I could use from the boat. I guess VE7CUS is the only 24x7 server currently in North America.

73 - Fred - WB5CON

On 10/21/2010 9:52 AM, Robert Lorenzini wrote:
 On 10/20/2010 07:22 PM, ve7cus@xxxxxxx wrote:
I received my first iGate this evening from WD6DOD in Newport Bay, CA. I guess he was transmitting from his sailboat and he was upgrading from v.0.54 to v.0.7 and getting his coordinates set properly.

Darrel, VE7CUS

Yes I was. I'm trying to get back up on a new computer and it's a lot harder without wb5con's trace on the channel. I'm still not sure what mode (500r?) to use or if
you can detect the mode and change accordingly. As I have a 10 over noise
level here at the moment I'm not going to see any replies. I just can't believe
that there is not more activity in the US.

Bob