[pskmail] Re: fldigi overload

  • From: "Leigh L. Klotz, Jr." <Leigh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:31:13 -0700

In fldigi-1.342 that's true but the diamond colors will be changing to black, green, yellow, and red, so if you you write it up in directions you might want to say that red is overload rather than on is overload.

Leigh/WA5ZNU

Per Crusefalk wrote:
tis 2007-09-11 klockan 15:46 +0200 skrev Wolf Höller:
Hi Per!

Just have to ask, I am sure you have this covered but I'll just ask
anyway: You are not overloading fldigi when receiving? I mean the red
"light" in the bottom part (to the right) of the fldigi window?

I don't know what you mean, but the 'rhombic'-formed light at the bottom right of the fldigi-window is permanently red and 'afc' as well as 'sql' are on = yellow.

Ok, then please reduce the signal into fldigi as that rhombic is the
overload indicator. It should not light at all. I always test the level
and adjust it to just beneath the level that lights that indicator.
If I overload fldigi then I too will have problems with reception, I'm
not saying that its the answer to your troubles but adjusting should
help.

My signal range is between -10 and +40dB and the volume setting of my FT-897D is in the 10 o'clock position. Due to Rein's advice I've tried to tune the timing of the soundcard (fldigi in WWV-mode). The vertical white line in the scope is slightly offset to the red line, but absolute parallel.

Ok, then you may have to use the mixer and reduce the level on your pc.