[pskmail] Re: fldigi overload

  • From: Wolf Höller <oe7ftj@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:46:47 +0200

Hi Per!

Just have to ask, I am sure you have this covered but I'll just ask
anyway: You are not overloading fldigi when receiving? I mean the red
"light" in the bottom part (to the right) of the fldigi window?

I don't know what you mean, but the 'rhombic'-formed light at the bottom right of the fldigi-window is permanently red and 'afc' as well as 'sql' are on = yellow. My signal range is between -10 and +40dB and the volume setting of my FT-897D is in the 10 o'clock position. Due to Rein's advice I've tried to tune the timing of the soundcard (fldigi in WWV-mode). The vertical white line in the scope is slightly offset to the red line, but absolute parallel.

I have just erected my new antenna and I am laying out radials, I hope
it will give me a nice low angle takeoff and if so then s/n should
improve (so don't give up just yet, hi hi).

After the last discussions I believe too, that the problem is the noise around me (I'm living in an urban area) I catch with my antenna and the lack of s/n!
The s/n in fldigi shows me only +16dB and imd -9dB.

73 de Wolf, oe7ftj

--

Wolf Höller, OE7FTJ
ÖVSV-LV Tirol