[pskmail] Re: fldigi and pskmail not working together

  • From: "Johan 123" <pe1prx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:58:43 +0100

Hi Rein. Comments Below

2008/11/27 Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi Johan.... comments below
> >
> > I made a ubuntu 8.04 installation on a pc and yes that make's you
> > happy :-)
> > Time and time zone are now working ok.
> >
> > Problem now is that the fldigi is working ok ( did make psk31 qso)
> > but not communicating with pskmail.
> >
> > my steps where:
> > 1) i did download pskmail-1.0.3d.tar.gz and made an install, did
> > start pskmail without first starting fldigi not working. ( that is
> > obvious because there is not fldigi to do the communication)
> > 2) did download fldigi 2.05 and instal, run fldigi ( that was working
> > ok made psk31 qso).
>
> pskmail-1.0.3d is only working with fldigi-3.04xx
>
> fldigi 3.04 contains a new interface for pskmail, and important bug fixes.
> You find it at www.w1hkj,com/ateam
> As this is alpha code it has not been officially released.

I did download the latest version (beta), some nice work on the buttons and
graphics of the layout.

>  5) run fldigi 3.0 and make psk31 qso, start pskmail. In pskmail i
> > could not see any text being received by fldigi but when i did try to
> > make a connection with pskmail the transmitter would be put to tx but
> > i could not see any tx text in fldigi or in pskmail.
>
> the monitor in pskmail reads the fldigi log file. Switch on logging in
> fldigi
> (files->logfile) The twerminal window gets its infirmation fromm the tcp/ip
> interface.

This was the cause of the problem for not seeing data received or
transmitted.

> >  6) downloaded pskmail 1.0.3f and fldigi 3.04 from the hermes server.
> > make an install, run fldigi and make psk31 qso.
> > 7) start pskmail 1.0.3f, now i could again not see any trafic that
> > was received by fldigi in pskmail. ( i did receive to dx4xi-8 with
> > the weather info). Also when i did try to make contact with a sever
> > the transmitter would not turn to TX.
>
> >  I could see in the pskmail directory the file snd that did have the
> > text that would be send out, but somehow it did not get to fldigi or
> > was displayed in pskmail.
> >
> > 2 questions.
> > Is it normal that PSKmail does not display any monitor information ?.
> >  How can pskmail and fldigi work together ?.
>
> kill all instances of fldigi and psk_arq.pl
> then restart fldigi 3.04
> then start pskmail.
> pskmail will automatically start the socket interface.

A good new installation of the latest versions with log on did fix these
problems. I think the cause of problems was that i did run the beta versions
in the ./ dir and not in the /usr/bin

73 Johan. pe1prx