[pskmail] Re: fldigi

  • From: Franz Rohrauer <franz.rohrauer@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 07:50:30 +0200

Hi all,

I can see:
1) there are clients (PA0R,...) working on my server and fldigi doesn't
freeze.
2) there are other clients, fldigi freezes almost each connection

Reading the logs and watching server directly in the shack, I see,
connections switched down server's tx-mode to THOR8 or THOR4 cause
fldigi's blocking very often. These modes are used especially when
radio-propagations decrease and the server does not receive ~QUIT or
~ABORT, so that server switches down tx-mode to THOR8 or THOR4.

I think, a simple way to solve the problem would be to avoid switching
clients to some modes - i.e. THOR8 and THOR4, done by a black- or
whitelist in the server.
An other way could be to implement a watchdog-timer in server-software,
witch watches fldigi, when server is in idle-mode and resets both fldigi
and pskmail_server, when fldigi hangs.

In my opinion, the best way would be an update of fldigi by w1hkj. He
has offered a new version ('3.21.43 maintenance') on May, 30th. We can
download it from http://www.w1hkj.com/. Has anyone tested it?

73 de

Franz, oe5rtl