[pskmail] Re: first attempt to connect to VE7SUN

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:09:44 +0100

The new server has a problem with reconnect, which I discovered just before I
started the return trip from Spain..

The workaround is to let the server time out until it sends a disconnect and
then connect again. Then it works fine, although it is a nuisance.

This is nr. 1 on the bug list, and it will be repaired this coming weekend.
Other known bugs of server version 0.2.9-4:
* There is a problem with the From: address when you send a Pskmail email
message.
   It takes the address of the last station connected instead of the station
sending the message.
* There is also a problem with using fldigi 1.3, which has a lead time between
carrier on and
start of the first character which is far too long.

These pskmail related bugs will be tackled asap now, the cause is known.
This was broken when I tried to tune the protocol to the higher speed of
PSK125...

This stuff is still experimental :)