[pskmail] Re: emergency comms

  • From: WN1Z <wn1z.orrin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 10:41:42 -0700

On 5/5/07, Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just sent an you invitation to gmail. Its free and works well with
pskmail (pop server is available).

That's interesting. The last time i tried to use the pop/smtp
functions of gmail on my WAP-enabled Sony-Ericsson cell
phone, it did not work at all. I tried, not only the standard pop
and smtp ports, but also the "exotic" ones recommended by
Gmail. I kept getting some kind of certificate-error.

I ended up subscribing to "Yahoo enhanced email service" for
only $20 per YEAR, and Yahoo pop and smtp work perfectly,
on the standard smtp (25) and pop (110?) ports.

Just a heads-up if Gmail won't work on your phone, maybe
Yahoo will.

orrin wn1z