[pskmail] Re: cron to start pskmail server

  • From: "A Mulder" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "amulder@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 03:23:49 -0700 (PDT)

Pär, you could also have a look at the utility 'monit', seems
almost tailor-made to solve your problems.

Regards,

Alex

 Subject: [pskmail] Re: cron to start pskmail server
 To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2014, 1:20 AM

 That is a good idea. Actually, as
 fldigi is such complete crap I'd like
 a script that can check if fldigi is locked up or completely
 crashed and
 relaunch it every hour or so (it's always crashed when I
 check the
 server). Wasn't there such a function a while back? Anyone
 happen to
 have a script somewhere I can modify?

 73, Per
 sm0rwo

 A Mulder (Redacted sender amulder@xxxxxxxxx
 for DMARC) skrev 2014-06-03
 09:58:
 > Hello Greg,
 >
 > Try adding DISPLAY=:0 to the top of your cron file
 instead.

 <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 >  Date: Monday, June 2, 2014, 8:40 AM
 >
 >  I am attempting to get server to
 >  start in cron but as of yet only get a terminal
 with no
 >  output. Any help appreciated!
 >
 >  Using
 >
 >  export DISPLAY=:0 && lxterminal -e
 "pskmail_server"

 >  where "pskmail_server" (without quotes) works
 correctly in a