[pskmail] Re: cron to start pskmail server

  • From: Franz Rohrauer <franz.rohrauer@xxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 11:57:15 +0200

Per,

Here is Dave's mail, hope it helps.

73, Franz, oe5rtl
Franz,

The crash dump that you provided does not give me sufficient detail to determine the cause of the segmentation fault. Can you please download the latest version 3.21.81, build and then run using the gnu debugger?

Close down the pskmail server, then

$ cd
$ mkdir fldigi-src
$ cd fldigi-src
$ wget http://www.w1hkj.com/downloads/fldigi/fldigi-3.21.81.tar.gz
$ tar xzf fldigi-3.21.81.tar.gz
$ cd fldigi-3.21.81
$ ./configure
$ make
$ script (should show "Script started, file is typescript"); perhaps auf Deutsche
$ gdb src/fldigi
(gdb) r --debug-level 5

Start your pskmail server and allow the gdb/debug/fldigi to run until it crashes. It should then put you back to the debugger prompt. Then execute:

(gdb) bt
(gdb) quit

$ exit (should show "Script done, file is typescript"); perhaps auf Deutsche

Send me these files

~/fldigi-src/typescript
~/.fldigi/status_log.txt

Danke.

73, Dave

Am 2014-06-03 11:51, schrieb Pär Crusefalk:
Hi Franz,

Great info, I do run that version but not debugging. I will try that.

73, Per
sm0rwo

Franz Rohrauer skrev 2014-06-03 11:47:
Per,

I had same troubles with fldigi. Dave, w1hkj told me to update to
version 3.21.81 and to run it with a debugger. Now it works for 4
weeks without any crash...

73, Franz,
oe5rtl

Am 2014-06-03 10:20, schrieb Pär Crusefalk:
That is a good idea. Actually, as fldigi is such complete crap I'd like
a script that can check if fldigi is locked up or completely crashed and
relaunch it every hour or so (it's always crashed when I check the
server). Wasn't there such a function a while back? Anyone happen to
have a script somewhere I can modify?

73, Per
sm0rwo

A Mulder (Redacted sender amulder@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) skrev 2014-06-03
09:58:
Hello Greg,

Try adding DISPLAY=:0 to the top of your cron file instead.

Regards,

Alex

   Subject: [pskmail] cron to start pskmail server
   To: "pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Monday, June 2, 2014, 8:40 AM
     I am attempting to get server to
   start in cron but as of yet only get a terminal with no
   output. Any help appreciated!
     Using
     export DISPLAY=:0 && lxterminal -e "pskmail_server"
     where "pskmail_server" (without quotes) works correctly in a
   terminal now. Just not with the cron command.
     Greg
   KB1NCJ