[pskmail] compile fail for fldigi - VHF

  • From: Bob Morgan <wb5aoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 18:40:52 -0500

Rein,

Just tried compiling the VHF fldigi package tarball you posted.  It ran into a
nonexistant
FL file and maybe whole directory.  Here is the error it found:

make  all-recursive
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/randy/fldigi-3.21.72.PSKMAIL/src'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/randy/fldigi-3.21.72.PSKMAIL/src'
  CXX    fldigi-fl_digi.o
In file included from ./include/record_browse.h:6:0,
                 from dialogs/fl_digi.cxx:154:
./include/record_loader_gui.h:4:25: fatal error: FL/Fl_Table.H: No such file or
directory
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [fldigi-fl_digi.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/randy/fldigi-3.21.72.PSKMAIL/src'

When I looked in src/include, I didn't find any FL subdir nr any file Fl_table.H
or anything even close to that.  Either something is missing entirely, or maybe
something called for it that shouldn't have even wanted it if a section was
left out.

So right now, that experiment is sort of stuck.  It is late Friday at work,
probably will be Monday before I get back here to try anything again.
I was debating whether or not to drop the whole or part of config.log into here,
I didn't see anything in it that looked immediately relevant, but it has a
lot of stuff in it.

Sounds like an interesting idea, if I can get the stuff compiled, I might
be able to run a vhf experiment locally, I will have to see if I can stick
an extra vhf radio at work to make a short path to home with it, that will be
a project for weekend.

If we could get throughput up over that of 1200b vhf/uhf packet, I think
we would definitely be interested, particularly if it could be made to run
on both linux and windoze and also not need external tncs.

As for the V2 modem HF stuff, still tinkering on 30M antennas and radios.
Maybe a weekend will help things along.  Keep the experimenting coming...

73 de Bob WB5AOH