[pskmail] Re: cat flrig fldigi

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 09:48:58 +0200

Greg skrev 2013-06-07 02:07:
A question... If I connect a rig via CAT and flrig, fldigi, does that eliminate the need for a sound card interface and audio cabling? I thought in the past use with HRD (ham radio deluxe) I could use psk31 without any audio connections.. all went through the cat cable? Is this correct and is it the same for flrig/ fldigi?

Thanks
Greg
KB1NCJ

No :).
But, lets say you have one of those nice rigs with a built in soundcard and a usb connection. Then you may connect a usb cable for cat and be able to connect to the remote sound card through the same "cat cable".

73, Per
sm0rwo