[pskmail] Re: audio fault - fldigi or Mandriva?

  • From: Per Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:37:50 +0100

lör 2007-02-24 klockan 17:56 +1300 skrev sanson@xxxxxxxxxx:
> Hi again, a week back I asked about the problem with the live distro CD v 2.6
> whereby on some models of genuine IBM PC (Netvista withy AC-97a audio on
> board sound),
>
>  the received 1000Hz tones are demodulated as 500Hz,
>  and in TX mode the transmitted audio tone is 2000Hz.
>
> I have not resolved this issue yet. The PCs both worked OK with GMFSK , FC4
> or Mandriva on the earlier live distro.  I have a Toshiba Tecra M2 and that
> one works correctly.
>
> For the Linux experts - I need to know if I should be changing the driver
> parameters for the soundcard sample rate ? Is this a Mandriva 2006 error?
> Will I do better with FC6 which I actually prefer? Or is it a problem with
> fldigi?
>
> Thanks again,  Ralph ZL1TBG - almost running a server...

Hi,

I really have no real idea as to why this happens. Could fldigi be using
the soundcard in a different way than gmfsk ? What you could do is look
into the settings in drakconf (menu system->configuration-> Configure
your computer) and the soundcard settings on the hardware tab (harddrake
is called "look at and configure your hardware").
Highlight the soundcard on the left and select "Run config tool" on the
right side. You can change the driver there and also the button labeled
"Trouble shooting" could help you further.