[pskmail] audio fault - fldigi or Mandriva?

  • From: <sanson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 17:56:24 +1300

Hi again, a week back I asked about the problem with the live distro CD v 2.6
whereby on some models of genuine IBM PC (Netvista withy AC-97a audio on board
sound),

 the received 1000Hz tones are demodulated as 500Hz,
 and in TX mode the transmitted audio tone is 2000Hz.

I have not resolved this issue yet. The PCs both worked OK with GMFSK , FC4 or
Mandriva on the earlier live distro.  I have a Toshiba Tecra M2 and that one
works correctly.

For the Linux experts - I need to know if I should be changing the driver
parameters for the soundcard sample rate ? Is this a Mandriva 2006 error? Will
I do better with FC6 which I actually prefer? Or is it a problem with fldigi?

Thanks again,  Ralph ZL1TBG - almost running a server...