[pskmail] any need of servers?

  • From: Mark Lorenc <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 16:31:42 -0600

Hello!

My name is Mark, AF5ES. I've been looking at and playing around with
this project for a while and really appreciate its direction and use case. I
played around with the server software last night and got it going
easily on a gentoo systems. My question to the folks here is: how is
coverage and usage doing?

I have a modest setup of a 72' windam antenna up at just 16ft. It's able
to do 20m quite effectively, however its performance drops off
significantly at lower frequencies. I'm located in northern New Mexico,
US.

If a need is still there, what would a recommended frequency be? Would I
be stomping on any other servers? What kinds of beacon settings work
best? I'm pretty good with server development and many of the issues
I've seen on the mailing list so far -- I may be able to help with those
things as well.

Thanks for your time.
-mark AF5ES

--
PGP: 675A 4E36 2B09 03A3 749F  5C18 6CC7 FE86 45E3 2168