[pskmail] Re: alpha testing the jpskmail client

  • From: Paul <paul.veldkamp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 17:33:19 +0200

Hi Rein, thanks for the update.
I had similar experience with mixed modes. After an excellent session with the server in PSK500R, in listening mode an APRS message sending in 500R resulted in switching RX to 500 or 250 or worse THOR8.
A QSL from de server could never be received but also no APRS msgs for me.
I tested with 0.5.1.3 and it looks fine now..

Email, inbox...very nice. Although I see in Outbox, Sent, headers and bulletin the same inbox msgs listed.

thanks
Paul PA0SON

Rein Couperus schreef:
After performing some serious tests with my portable installation I could confirm some bugs raised by VK2ETA... The tests were done from an RV with 5 Watts and a fishing rod antenna with 10m wire and a tuner to SM0RWO. The problems were related to using mixed mode on connect, e.g. calling the server with MFSK16 with the initial server mode set to PSK250R. When the first frame from the server was not received correctly the client would not switch to the right mode and the server would time out.

Most of the trouble was related to RSID switching on the client. This has now been solved, and there is a new alpha image available containing the bug fixes in: http://hermes.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pskmail/alpha.
The build version is 0.5.1.3 (message is shown when you start the client).

If you have time, pse test this, it makes the system really fool proof...

Some other improvements are included:
* the mode indications on the mode tab and on the main window have been changed to reflect the real values when requested by the modes dialogue
* RSID is now switched on as soon as the connect button gets active
* Auto mode reset is inhibited during a connect request

With these bugs fixed I was able to download a 50k picture, the session survived several ALE soundings and pactor qso's on top of the qso...

Have fun testing!