[pskmail] alpha testing the jpskmail client

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 12:19:12 +0200 (CEST)

After performing some serious tests with my portable installation I could
confirm some bugs raised by VK2ETA...
The tests were done from an RV with 5 Watts and a fishing rod antenna with
10m wire and a tuner to SM0RWO.
The problems were related to using mixed mode on connect, e.g.
calling the server with MFSK16 with the initial server mode set to PSK250R.
When the first frame from the server was not received correctly the client
would not switch to the right mode and the server would time out.

Most of the trouble was related to RSID switching on the client. This has
now been solved, and there is a new alpha image available containing
the bug fixes in: http://hermes.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pskmail/alpha.
The build version is 0.5.1.3 (message is shown when you start the client).

If you have time, pse test this, it makes the system really fool proof...

Some other improvements are included:
* the mode indications on the mode tab and on the main window have been
changed to reflect the real values when requested by the modes dialogue
* RSID is now switched on as soon as the connect button gets active
* Auto mode reset is inhibited during a connect request

With these bugs fixed I was able to download a 50k picture, the session
survived
several ALE soundings and pactor qso's on top of the qso...

Have fun testing!