[pskmail] Windows server

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 19:04:52 +0100 (CET)

Extremely good news,,,

I have managed to run the pskmail server on windows7,
It appears that the Perl version which is part of Cygwin is 99% compatible with
the Linux version, and the server runs with only minor changes.

Running the server on windows will be as easy as installing a 565 MB
file on windows and running the server from a Cygwin console...
Additionally the windows version of Fldigi has to be installed and
configured.

The server is now in test, and 90% of all functions are running, The
rest is a matter of time, I am testing this on-air against the new
jPSKmail client with excellent results so far.

I am sure this development will help the proliferation of PSKmail servers...